It's alive!
Garett Bass
2005-10-03 16:49:21 UTC
Well, my OptAdaptive works, it encodes and decodes perfectly, even the King
James Bible pdf. However, the "compressed" file is always larger than the
original and I can't figure out why. For the pdf, it was almost 4x the
source document size, but for smaller files the difference may be only
5-10%. Any ideas?
Warren Hunt
2005-10-03 21:59:32 UTC
Post by Garett Bass
Well, my OptAdaptive works, it encodes and decodes perfectly, even the King
James Bible pdf. However, the "compressed" file is always larger than the
original and I can't figure out why. For the pdf, it was almost 4x the
source document size, but for smaller files the difference may be only
5-10%. Any ideas?
Make sure you're not calling flush, that'll cause troubles. If the PDF
is compressed already then you're not going to get much by compressing
them. (actually the file will slightly bigger because of the header)

-Warren