EOF exception...
Siddharth Natarajan
2005-10-04 05:12:23 UTC
Hey
I am getting the EOF exception as well...My program manages to compress a
text file but I cant find out if it works
because it doesn't decompress it instead I get a java.io.EOFException
runtime exception.
Someone else had asked this quetion earlier...has anyone managed to find a
solution?
Thnx
Sidd
Usenet user
2005-10-04 05:16:03 UTC
Post by Siddharth Natarajan
Hey
I am getting the EOF exception as well...My program manages to compress a
text file but I cant find out if it works
because it doesn't decompress it instead I get a java.io.EOFException
runtime exception.
Someone else had asked this quetion earlier...has anyone managed to find a
solution?
Thnx
Sidd
Are you reading/writing the symbols using readByte() / writeByte()?

I had the same problems, and they went away with read/write bits (more
info on the clarification page)
Siddharth Natarajan
2005-10-04 05:24:22 UTC
In fact, i get the exception on the following statement:
int n = inFile.readBit();
This happens after it has read the first 8 bits...dunno y
cheers
sid
Siddharth Natarajan