Hmm decoding...
Dariush Griffin
2005-10-03 07:47:58 UTC
Am I missing something with the decoding function for OptAdaptive, but I
can't seem to find a way to write a decode method with out storing the tree
in the output file so I can then read it again when I run decode.

Is this correct?

Also on larger files I am having stack overflows during the encoding
process, although I am pretty sure thats my fault, I think.

---
ext-news.utexas.edu
2005-10-03 07:41:19 UTC
As I understand it, decodeOptAdaptive should be able to reconstruct the tree
by converting the next eight bits into a character whenever it reaches a
zero-node. This means you need to write out the byte symbol during encoding
whenever lookup() returns zero. Does that sound right?
Dariush Griffin
2005-10-03 18:04:53 UTC
Ahh I understand now.

I was encoding new symbols first and then transmitting the compressed
symbol.

What I should have done was transmit new symbols uncompressed and then
updated my tree.