ReverseAdaptive Success?
Zach
2005-10-04 00:30:11 UTC
Has anyone been successful with this? removeZero() is causing all kinds
of hell even after the changes.
eruhk
2005-10-04 01:43:15 UTC
Post by Zach
Has anyone been successful with this? removeZero() is causing all kinds
of hell even after the changes.
yeah, i finally got it working. there aren't any problems with
removeZero(), at least none that occur in hamlet. one thing that i
didn't figure out til the very end is that during SlideAndDecrement the
return conditions are opposite as those in SlideAndIncrement, which
makes sense. what exactly are you having trouble with?
Zach
2005-10-04 06:35:04 UTC
Post by eruhk
Post by Zach
Has anyone been successful with this? removeZero() is causing all kinds
of hell even after the changes.
yeah, i finally got it working. there aren't any problems with
removeZero(), at least none that occur in hamlet. one thing that i
didn't figure out til the very end is that during SlideAndDecrement the
return conditions are opposite as those in SlideAndIncrement, which
makes sense. what exactly are you having trouble with?
I got it working for somewhat trivial inputs like "MISSISSIPPI", however
whenever there are more than say 20 different characters it starts
getting the -1 ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception. I'm positive the problem
is somewhere in SlideAndDecrement but as for now I'm done with this thing.